Friday, December 12, 2008

I needed something to spice up my life...

So I got bangs!

On Tuesday, I was driving home from work and caught a glance at myself in the rearview and thought - I haven't done anything crazy with my hair in a long time. Maybe I'll get some bangs. Lo and behold, one of the girls from my branch posted in her facebook status that we should call if we wanted our hair did. So, I did and this is the result....



I have gotten tons of compliments on the bangs, but Mom is still adjusting. I definitely like the bangs! Dad says I look completely different and it's such a small thing. I'm excited because now I figure people will stop with the "you and your mom look like twins." We really don't, so this should help! Not that I'm offended to look like Mom, just that I like to be me!

10 comments:

April Hardy said...

"I like her bangs." (Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite) I really do like them on you. How do you fix your bangs when you wear your hair curly? That's always been hard for me on curly days. My bangs are growing out right now...I think it helps me look older when I have them pulled back.

Kaycee said...

I wore my hair curly for King Tut (see the Sorensen Krewe 2 blog for those pics) and I just wore my bangs straight. I wasn't sure how ridiculous I would look, but it wasn't so bad. They're short right now, so there's not much else I can do.

I know that my bangs make me look younger, but I'm cool with that...I started to notice some smile lines around my eyes recently and the bangs hide that pretty well!

Tanya said...

Hey! I actually love them! I don't fancy myself a fan of bangs, but I do like yours! Amee just told me today that she got bangs. I haven't seen them yet though. I hope they look as good as yours. Who is snakeface!

amee sorensen said...

That's crazy kaycee! I just got bangs too! It's a really good look on you! I like it!

Lisa said...

I LOVE THE BANGS!!! You look so trendy and cute! Good change, you gotta have those life hair changes every once and awhile. Super cute!

Kerrie said...

OMGosh! How cute. And you do look really different. I've thought about getting bangs before. But I'm too chicken to actually do it.

Christy said...

I like the bangs, too! And if I didn't like them, I just wouldn't leave a comment... but I really like them!

Megan Bush said...

I like the bangs. And for the records, house guests are ALWAYS welcome! :D

Momma_S said...

So I have to say as the Mom, I have totally gotten use to the bangs. I like them and they look cute with curly hair or straight hair. Now of course everyone won't confuse us and Emilee has plans to change her hair too!! I for one didn't mind being confused with a 26 or 29 year old. Oh well, maybe I should consider bangs???

Suzanne Lineberry said...

I love your bangs...bang!